Business UK Immigration Law
We are experts in providing bespoke and commercially focused UK immigration legal advice to businesses including multinational corporations, start-ups, scale-ups and entrepreneurs tailored to each situation and business
Foreign nationals seeking to enter the UK to set up a branch or subsidiary of an overseas business or UK businesses which wish to employ foreign workers in the UK must comply with the correct UK immigration legal formalities to be able to do so.
Understanding UK immigration law is imperative for all the following businesses and individuals:
- A business wanting to set up a UK branch or subsidiary
- A business in the UK which employs or wishes to employ foreign national workers
- A foreign national wanting to work in the UK
- A foreign national who wishes to start a business or invest in a business in the UK
The UK’s Immigration Rules are complex and change constantly and if not applied correctly, an entire application can be rejected, the fee forfeited and an employee suddenly rendered an overstayer. The complexity of the rules also serves as a barrier to the UK for many individuals who wish to invest in or start a business in the UK and for many businesses which wish to hire foreign national employees in the UK.
Brexit will also end free movement effectively adding a barrier between UK employers and their potential EU workforce as from 1 January 2021. A new skills-based immigration system will apply to EU citizens and their family members arriving in the UK on or after 1 January 2021. It is therefore of paramount importance for all UK businesses to be aware of the immigration implications of Brexit on their existing and potential EU workforce to avoid skill shortages.
The new single immigration system to be implemented as from 1 January 2021 includes:
- A skilled workers route open to all nationalities
- Lowering of the skills threshold on the skilled workers route to include medium-skilled workers
- No cap on numbers on the skilled workers route, meaning that business will be able to hire any suitable qualified migrant
- The abolition of the resident labour market test
- A new time limited route for temporary short-term workers of all skill levels, including seasonal low-skilled workers
- An extension to the post-study period for international students
We serve organisations globally including multinational corporations, start-ups, scale-ups and entrepreneurs who wish to establish business presence in the UK or employ foreign nationals in the UK. We understand business objectives and deliver commercially focused UK immigration legal advice to deliver them.
We provide fast, forward-thinking and personalised legal advice and assistance for all of the following types of UK immigration applications:
- Tier 1 (Investor) £2 million, £5 million and £10 million initial, extension and settlement applications
- Representative of an overseas business visa applications
- Start-Up and Innovator visa application
- Tier 2 (General) visa applications for new employee hires
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa applications for intra-company transferees
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) advice
- Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) advice
- Sponsor licence applications for start-up and established UK companies
- Brexit planning and applications under the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme for employees
- Assessing your business and advising the best way forward to prepare for Brexit
- Business visitor visas and advice on permissible business visitor activities
- Permitted paid engagement visas and advice on permitted paid engagement activities
- Immigration audits for Home Office compliance visits for companies which hold a sponsor licence
- Employment related immigration advice in relation to employment terminations and TUPE transfers of foreign national employees
How can we help you? Please call us on +44 (0) 0345 459 0007 to arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss how we can assist you. Alternatively, Email us on email@example.com* or click here to complete our Free Online Enquiry Form. We will have a chat about your needs, you can ask us any questions you have and we will be happy to have a No Cost or Obligation initial chat with you which we are sure you will find useful.
* Email address is monitored 24/7 and we will respond to you the same day or the next working day.